This recipe was written and sent by Kasper Them.
Kasper describes his Bean Paradise recipe as a quick stew based on beans. Kasper serves it with dry pasta but it can also be served with a slice of toasted bread or rice.
About the recipe
“Coming into my 30s, I was smoking and drinking without a care in the world. My main source of nutrition came from bread, meat and cheese. This combination led to periods of sickness and depression. Basically, I really needed to flip things around.
This shift happened when I started lifting weights and doing calisthenics. This entailed that I needed to look at what was going on in the kitchen. More than anything, this dish is a result of my psycial and mental transformaion, which is underlined by the idea to tend and care for your own well-being.
Canned chopped tomatoes
Whole grain pasta
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- Sauté the onions in olive oil with a fair amount of cumin and strong paprika.
- Add the carrots, red peppers celery and beans.
- When everything is combined, pour the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste in.
- Add a small spoon of honey, a dash of soya, a dash of red balsamico, salt and pepper.
- Let the dish simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook the pasta and add to the sauce, adding raw garlic just before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley.