Ekoplaza is a Dutch chain of organic supermarkets with 75 shops in the Netherlands.
Opened in 1980, the first shop was open in Amsterdam as a natural food store and the chain grew, under various names such as De Natuurwinkel and Biosfeer, into a franchise chain that operates 75 stores.
- Ekoplaza can be your easy go-to option to get organic products. In most cases, Ekoplaza is at walking distance in any neighborhood.
- Ekoplaza sells products at decent prices (mainly vegetables and dairy).
- Ekoplaza has large selection of products which allows to find nearly everything you may be looking for.
- Their website allows you to get many useful informations on each and every products.
- Many of Ekoplaza's products cannot be traced well.
- Ekoplaza does not follow the seasons and sells, for instance, avocados, mangoes and strawberries in the winter (produced in greenhouses, requiring a lot of energy).
- Ekoplaza sells heavy organic products coming from south Europe, Asia and south America (heavy carbon footprint).
Check Ekoplaza's store locator for their shops in the North Holland region
For most shops:
Monday to Saturday: 8:30 - 20:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 20:00
Landline: 0413 313502
- Their narrative is: “Ekoplaza stands for organic. We are an organic supermarket chain and want to support you in a healthy, organic lifestyle. We believe that soil is the basis of everything. If we treat the soil well, it produces healthy, tasty products. Full of nutrients and rich in flavor. These products can be found in our stores, without synthetic fragrances, colors, flavors or preservatives. Food as intended.”
- in Amsterdam at least
- Ex: country of production, labels and ingredients, etc…
- The product may be labeled ‘EU organic’ and indicate the country of origin under the logo, Ekoplaza may not specify the origin of the raw ingredient (note: for instance, an olive oil could be pressed and have the NL organic stamp but its olives might be cultivated and imported from France.)